Hiring the Gallery & Courtyard
Book Launches, Cocktail Parties, Special Events, Annual Parties, Dinners, Award Presentations
Hosting your event at the October Gallery, guests will have the opportunity to enjoy vibrant exhibitions comprising artworks from around the world, representing some of the art world’s biggest talents and rising stars. The Gallery space, arranged across two rooms, can accommodate up to 150 people. Both rooms have access to the courtyard which contains various species of acer, camellia, fern, brugmansia and hanging baskets with trailing begonia. Both rooms can accommodate a variety of uses from standing receptions, conferences, and dinner parties to cultural events and book launches.
Guest Hours: 6.30 pm – 10.30 pm, Monday – Saturday
ROOM CAPACITYStanding: 150 people
Theatre style: Gallery Room 1 = 80 people, Gallery Room 2 = 60 people
Cabaret / banquet: Gallery Room 1 = 30 people, Gallery Room 2 = 35 people
SPACE MEASUREMENTSGallery Room 1 - 13.75m x 5.00m
Gallery Room 2 - 11.60m x 5.60m
Courtyard - 13.00m x 9.00m
SPACE HIRE COSTS
|Minimum hire (3 hours)||£800.00|
|+ per hour thereafter||£200.00|
Rates: inclusive of 1 hour set-up and pack down time either side of booked time, Floor Manager and Front of House.
EQUIPMENT HIRE COSTEquipment rental rates per session / day, including set-up
|PA system||£73.00 +VAT|
|Microphones (2 available, includes use of PA)||£120.00 +VAT|
|Flipchart with paper & pens (3 available)||£17.00 +VAT each|
|Coat rail||£22.00 +VAT|
|65 inch Plasma TV||£73.00 +VAT|
|Bar Staff/Steward||£16.20 / hour per member|
|Technical Support||£40.00 / hour|
Wi-Fi is available throughout the building.
Please be advised that we do not provide computers/laptops
OCTOBER GALLERY KITCHEN
Please be advised that to serve alcohol or food, you are required to work with professional caterers and to hire use of the Gallery Kitchen. A list of our recommended caterers can be found here.
Professional kitchen, which can be hired in addition to Gallery and Courtyard rental. Kitchen features gas grill, gas hob, electric oven, granite work surfaces and express glass washer. Crockery, glassware and utensils are not provided. For use by professional caterers only.
£250.00 per evening
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF GALLERY, COURTYARD & CAFÉ HIRE
1. Access to space is from 5.30pm for clients and catering staff. Guest arrival time is from 6.30pm.
2. The client is responsible for communicating the agreed access and event times to facilitators/staff and guests. Should agreed times be preceded, access to the room(s) and/or building may not be permissible and additional fees will apply. Should agreed times be exceeded, additional fees will apply.
3. Any revisions to the proposed events/equipment/catering requested must be submitted with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice for billing purposes. Following this time, it may not be possible to accommodate the request, and additional fees will apply.
4. Drinks service & entertainment is to finish at least 30 minutes before the end of the hire period.
5. All guests must have left the premises by the end time of the hire period.
6. Amplified music must be kept at an appropriate volume and is not permitted under any circumstance beyond 10.30pm. Live drumming is not permitted to continue for longer than 20 minutes.
7. Dancing is not permitted in the gallery.
8. In the event that the client will be serving food and/or alcohol, they must hire use of the Gallery Kitchen and work with professional caterers and service staff.
9. It is the client’s responsibility to introduce their appointed caterer to the October Gallery Event Manager, and to ensure that the caterer is informed of the conditions of hire.
10. If the client does not wish to use October Gallery’s recommended caterers, a £250.00 deposit will be added to the client’s space hire invoice. This will be returned to the client with the proviso that the Gallery Kitchen is left in good condition, and that the terms and conditions of kitchen hire are adhered to.
11. All preparation, serving and service equipment must be provided by the caterer.
12. Caterers are responsible for leaving the kitchen space as they found it. This includes thorough cleaning and floor mopping.
13. For 100 guests, the appointed caterer must provide at least 4 members of service staff who are to remain onsite for the duration of the booking.
14. October Gallery is able to accept deliveries of party supplies (i.e., equipment, materials) from 2.30pm on the date of an event. These items will be stored in the October Gallery Courtyard. Please note that we are not able to take responsibility for deliveries.
15. All equipment, supplies, and rubbish must be removed from the October Gallery premises by the client immediately after the event takes place. We are not able to store any materials.
16. October Gallery reserves the right to end any bookings/events that fail to comply with the above terms and conditions.
17. October Gallery reserves the right to refuse entry or evict guests who are identified as acting unsafely or unlawfully.
18. If agreed hire times are preceded or exceeded, a £250.00 charge will be added to the client’s final invoice.
19. If the room is not left in a suitable condition, a fee of £250.00 will be incurred and added to the client’s final invoice.
20. Clients, facilitators, and guests must behave in accordance with any and all Government Covid-19 regulations in place at the time of the booking.
21. October Gallery does not provide computers/laptops, and is not liable if clients’ laptops are not compatible with in-house equipment. If you are bringing a MacBook to connect to the projector, you will need to bring your own adapter.
22. Clients are required to acquire public liability insurance if they request October Gallery to supply construction equipment.
23. Clients must report any loss, theft, damages, or breakages to the Events Manager immediately upon discovery. Clients must make good any damage incurred during the hire period.
24. All hire space charges payable by the client must be paid before the hire period. Equipment and staff charges must be paid before vacating the premises.
25. October Gallery will not tolerate racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, or discriminatory language or behaviour of any kind, and reserves the right to remove any guest that creates an unsafe environment.
26. October Gallery reserves the right to refuse events that conflict with its mission statement or impact negatively on its brand. The objective of the October Gallery, as stated in the trust deed, is dedicated to ‘the advancement of the education of the public in the arts and crafts of foreign cultures as well as those indigenous to the United Kingdom, and in the promotion of inter-cultural activities.’
27. October Gallery reserves the right to refuse entry and cancel bookings at their own discretion for any reason.
28. It is the event organiser's responsibility to ensure the availability of first-aid assistance as is appropriate for their event and for those involved.
29. Full risk assessments are carried out every year. Clients may request this information from October Gallery.
100% deposit is required as confirmation of a booking as a new client, or if the booking date is less than 1 month in the future.
If you are an existing client, 50% deposit is required as confirmation of your booking and as acknowledgement and agreement of conditions of rental. The space hire balance must be paid at least 14 days before the event.
Once confirmation on quote has been received, the following will apply:
Cancellation fee for bookings
4+ weeks No charge
2 – 4 weeks 50% of total invoiced rental booking
0 – 2 weeks 100% of total invoiced rental booking
Amendment/transfer fee for bookings
4+ weeks No charge
2 – 4 weeks 50% of total invoiced rental booking + new space hire fee
0 – 2 weeks 100% of total invoiced rental booking + new space hire fee
Permission to film onsite is subject to the approval of the October Gallery Event Manager.
Please be advised that permission to film exhibitions/artworks may be subject to the approval of the exhibiting artist and/or October Gallery Directorship.
Additional fees will apply, depending on the nature of your project and requirements.
The October Gallery office hours are 9:30 to 17:30 Monday to Friday. The Gallery is open from 12:30 to 17:30, Tuesday to Saturday. The Gallery is closed during official holidays and for the entire month of August.
Daily and weekly rates available