Hiring the Theatre
Presentations, Film Screenings, Rehearsals, Auditions, Performances, Concerts(No disabled access)
Located on the second floor of the building, this large, naturally lit room has wood flooring, excellent acoustics, a Bechstein grand piano in addition to projection and sound facilities. The theatre space is wholly adaptable and can accommodate a range of functions. We are able to install seating, tables and AV to suit the requirements of your event. This space is also perfect for small functions, parties and dinners.Rental Hours: 9.00 am – 10.00 pm, Monday – Saturday
ROOM CAPACITYStanding: 70 people
Theatre Style: 70 people
Cabaret: 35 people
Classroom: 40 people
SPACE MEASUREMENTS6m x 12m
SPACE HIRE COSTS
|1 – 20 people||£60.00 /hour|
|21 – 40 people||£70.00 /hour|
|41 – 50 people||£80.00 /hour|
|51 – 60 people||£90.00 /hour|
|61 – 70 people||£110.00 /hour|
Minimum hire time: 2 hours
EQUIPMENT HIRE COSTEquipment rental rates per session / day, including set up
|Projector with sound||£65.00 +VAT|
|PA - Standard||£45.00 +VAT|
|PA - with mixing desk||£75.00 +VAT|
|Microphones (2 available, includes use of PA - tech required)||£15.00 +VAT|
|Flipchart with paper & pens (3 available)||£15.00 +VAT each|
|Theatre Lighting||£85.00 +VAT|
Wi-Fi is available throughout the building.
Please be advised that we do not provide computers/ laptops
Optional Catering Costs: Not included with Space Rental
This service is provided by our on-site caterer, The Clerkenwell Kitchen (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your request will be forwarded to them. Payments are made direct to The Clerkenwell Kitchen and in advance. Refunds are only available with 7 days notice. Current prices shown are per session, per person, per serving. Please state numbers and serving times below. Any changes need to be discussed directly with The Clerkenwell Kitchen.
Pastries, fruit bowl, tea, coffee & juice: £8.00
|Itemised Catering options
Tea and coffee: £3.00
Tea, coffee and biscuits: £4.00
Tea, coffee and pastries: £5.00
Tea, coffee and cake: £5.00
Fruit Bowl: £3.00
Organic cake: £3.00
Orange Juice (1L): £3.00
Bottled water – Still / Sparkling (1L): £3.00
Wine: Prices available on request
|October Gallery Cafe Lunch:
Vegetarian / non-vegetarian main course: £8.00 / £9.50. With dessert: £12.00
Selection of sandwiches, fruit bow: £10.00
Fresh ground filter coffee, tea and cake: £5.00
|Full Day Menu:
Three servings of tea and coffee, October Gallery Café main course: £16/£17.50
Antechamber KitchenETTE Hire(No disabled access)
A small kitchen that can be hired in addition to the Theatre or Club Room, should you wish to cater the event yourself. Kitchen features: a fridge, electric hob, microwave oven, granite work surfaces and tea /coffee making facilities. Hire also includes use of cups, saucers and glass tumblers.
Rate: £55.00 per session/day
Should you require additional support during your event we will be happy to provide additional staff. Rates detailed below are per team member, per hour, inclusive of VAT.
Bar Staff: £13.00
Technical support: £20.00
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THEATRE HIRE
1. Access to space for set-up & pack down is from 15 minutes before your booking begins and until 15 minutes after your booking finishes. If you require additional time in the space, your booking times will need to be extended.
2. The hirer is responsible for communicating the agreed access and event times to facilitators and attendees/guests. Should agreed times be preceded, access to the room(s) and/or building may not be permissible and additional fees will apply. Should agreed times be exceeded, additional fees will apply.
3. Amplified music must be kept at an appropriate volume level and is not permitted under any circumstance beyond 10.30 pm. Live drumming is not permitted to continue for longer than 20 minutes.
4. Any revisions to the proposed event(s)/equipment/catering requested must be submitted with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice for billing purposes. Following this time, it may not be possible to accommodate the request, additional fees will apply.
5. *October Gallery Café is open Tuesdays–Fridays, serving hot lunch 12.30–1.30 pm. In-house catering is available Tuesday–Friday, 9 am–5 pm. Alternative options are available outside of these times.
6. October Gallery does not provide computers/laptops, and is not liable if clients’ laptops are not compatible with in-house equipment.
7. In the event that you will be providing your own catering, please confirm this with the Event Manager. You may be required to hire use of kitchen facilities.
8. In the event that you will be serving alcohol, you must hire use of the Antechamber Kitchen and work with professional caterers/service staff or hire October Gallery bar staff.
9. Hire of Antechamber kitchen includes use of kitchen facilities (cups, saucers, tea/coffee making facilities). Please ensure you bring your own food and beverages as this is not included in the hire. You will be required to leave the kitchen as you found it, to wash and dry dishes used, wipe benches, sweep floor before leaving.
10. We do not offer storage for events supplies and equipment, nor do we provide a rubbish removal service. All materials/equipment must be taken away immediately after your event has taken place, this includes excessive amounts of paper/photocopies and drinks/food refuse when not supplied by our in-house caterer.
11. October Gallery reserves the right to end any bookings/events that fail to comply with the above terms and conditions.
12. October Gallery reserves the right to refuse entry/evict guests who are identified as acting unsafely or unlawfully.
13. Please note, there is no disabled access; rooms are accessible by stairs only.
14. If the space is not left in a suitable condition or should booked times be exceeded without prior arrangement, a charge of £100.00 will be added to your final invoice.
15. Clients, facilitators, and guests must behave in accordance with any and all Government Covid-19 regulations in place at the time of the booking.
16. Clients are required to acquire public liability insurance if they request October Gallery to supply construction equipment.
17. October Gallery reserves the right to refuse entry and cancel bookings at their own discretion for any reason.
18. The hirer shall report any loss, theft, damages, or breakages to the Events Manager immediately upon discovery. The hirer must make good any damage suffered during the hire period.
19. All hire space charges payable by the hirer must be paid before the hire period. Equipment and staff charges must be paid before vacating the premises.
20. October Gallery is not liable for copyright infringement for images/footage taken of the two El Anatsui sculptures in the Club Room. The sculptures also cannot be moved without a professional art handler, which October Gallery can supply for a fee.
21. October Gallery will not tolerate racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, or discriminatory language or behaviour of any kind, and reserves the right to remove any guest that creates an unsafe environment.
22. Full risk assessments are carried out every year. Clients can request this information from October Gallery.
100% deposit is required as confirmation of a booking as a new client or if the booking date is less than 1 month in the future.
If you are an existing client 50% deposit is required as confirmation of your booking and as acknowledgement and agreement of conditions of rental. The space hire balance must be paid at least 14 days ahead of the event.
Once confirmation on quote has been received, the following will apply:
Cancellation fee for bookings
4+ weeks No charge
2 – 4 weeks 50% of total invoiced rental booking
0 – 2 weeks 100% of total invoiced rental booking
Amendment/transfer fee for bookings
4+ weeks No charge
2 – 4 weeks 50% of total invoiced rental booking + new space hire fee
0 – 2 weeks 100% of total invoiced rental booking + new space hire fee
Permission to film onsite is subject to the approval of the October Gallery Event Manager.
Please be advised that permission to film exhibitions/artworks may be subject to the approval of the exhibiting artist and/or October Gallery Directorship.
Additional fees will apply, depending on the nature of your project and requirements.
Outside Hours OpeningShould you wish to hire use of the Club Room or Theatre room earlier than 9.00am; an access fee of £50.00 will be added to your space hire invoice.
The October Gallery office hours are 9:30 to 17:30 Monday to Friday. The Gallery is open from 12:30 to 17:30, Tuesday to Saturday. The Gallery is closed during official holidays and for the entire month of August.
Daily and weekly rates available