Hiring the Gallery & Courtyard
Book Launches, Cocktail Parties, Special Events, Annual Parties,
Dinners, Award Presentations
Hosting your event within the October Gallery, guests will have the opportunity to enjoy vibrant exhibitions comprising artworks from around the world, representing some of the art world’s biggest talents and rising stars.
The Gallery space, arranged across two rooms, can accommodate up to 150 people.
Both rooms have access to the courtyard which contains various species of Acer, Camellia, fern, Brugmansia and hanging baskets with trailing Begonia.
Both rooms can accommodate a variety of uses from standing receptions, conferences, dinner parties to cultural events and book launches.
Guest Hours: 6.30 pm – 10.30 pm, Monday – Saturday
Gallery not available for private exhibition hire
Standing: 150 people
Theatre style: Gallery Room 1 = 80 people, Gallery Room 2 = 60 people
Cabaret / banquet: Gallery Room 1 = 30 people, Gallery Room 2 = 35 people
Gallery Room 1 - 13.75m x 5.00m
Gallery Room 2 - 11.60m x 5.60m
Courtyard - 13.00m x 9.00m
SPACE HIRE COSTS
|Minimum hire (3 hours)
|+ per hour thereafter
|Rates: inclusive of 1 hour set up and pack down time either side of booked time, Floor Manager and Door Manager
EQUIPMENT HIRE COST
Equipment rental rates per session / day, including set up
|Data Projector with sound
|Microphones (2 available, includes use of PA)
|Flipchart with paper & pens (3 available)
||£15.00 +VAT each
|Wi-Fi is available throughout the building.
Please be advised that we do not provide computers/ laptopsm
OCTOBER GALLERY KITCHEN
Please be advised that to serve alcohol or food, you are required to work with professional caterers and to hire use of the Gallery Kitchen. A list of our recommended caterers can be found here.
Professional kitchen, which can be hired in addition to Gallery and Courtyard rental. Kitchen features gas grill, gas hob, electric oven, granite work surfaces and express glass washer. Crockery, glassware and utensils are not provided. For use by professional caterers only.
£250.00 per evening
Should you require additional support during your event we will be happy to provide additional staff. Rates detailed below are per team member, per hour, inclusive of VAT
Bar Staff: £12.50
Technical support: £12.00
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF GALLERY, COURTYARD & CAFÉ HIRE
1. Access to space is from 5.30 pm for clients and catering staff, guest arrival time is from 6.30 pm.
2. You are responsible for communicating the agreed access and event times to facilitators/staff and guests. Should agreed times be preceded, access to the room(s) and/or building may not be permissible and additional fees will apply. Should agreed times be exceeded, additional fees will apply.
3. Any revisions to the proposed events/equipment/catering requested must be submitted with a minimum of 48 hours notice for billing purposes. Following this time, it may not be possible to accommodate the request, additional fees will apply.
4. Drinks service & entertainment is to finish at least 30 minutes before the end of the hire period.
5. All guests must have left the premises by the end time of the hire period.
6. Amplified music must be kept at an appropriate volume level and is not permitted under any circumstance beyond 10.30 pm. Live drumming is not permitted to continue for longer than 20 minutes.
7. Dancing is not permitted in the gallery.
8. In the event that you will be serving food and/or alcohol, you must hire use of the Gallery Kitchen and work with professional caterers & service staff.
9. It is your responsibility to introduce your appointed caterer to the October Gallery Event Manager and to ensure that they are informed of the conditions of hire.
10. If you do not wish to use our recommended caterers, a £250.00 deposit will be added to your space hire invoice. This will be returned to you the proviso that that the Gallery Kitchen is left in good condition and the terms and conditions of kitchen hire are adhered to.
11. All preparation, serving and service equipment must be provided by the caterer.
12. Caterers are responsible for leaving the kitchen space as they found it; this includes thorough cleaning and floor mopping.
13. For 100 guests, the appointed caterer must provide at least 4 members of service staff who are to remain onsite for the duration of the booking.
14. We are able to accept deliveries of party supplies (equipment, materials) from 2.30 pm on the date of your event. These items will be stored in the October Gallery Courtyard. Please note that we are not able to take responsibility for delivery/deliveries.
15. All equipment, supplies and rubbish must be removed from site immediately after your event takes place. We are not able to store any materials.
16. October Gallery reserves the right to end any bookings/ events that fail to comply with the above terms and conditions.
17. October Gallery reserves the right to refuse entry/evict guests who are identified as acting unsafely or unlawfully.
18. If agreed hire times are preceded or exceeded, a £250.00 charge will be added to your final invoice.
19. If the room is not left in a suitable condition, a fee of £250.00 will be incurred and added to your final invoice.
100% deposit is required as confirmation of a booking as a new client or if the booking date is less than 1 month in the future.
If you are an existing client 50% deposit is required as confirmation of your booking and as acknowledgement and agreement of conditions of rental. The space hire balance must be paid at least 14 days ahead of the event.
Once confirmation on quote has been received, the following will apply:
Cancellation fee for bookings
4+ weeks No charge
2 – 4 weeks 50% of total invoiced rental booking
0 – 2 weeks 100% of total invoiced rental booking
Amendment/transfer fee for bookings
4+ weeks No charge
2 – 4 weeks 50% of total invoiced rental booking + new space hire fee
0 – 2 weeks 100% of total invoiced rental booking + new space hire fee
Permission to film onsite is subject to the approval of the October Gallery Event Manager.
Please be advised that permission to film exhibitions/ artworks may be subject to the approval of the exhibiting artist and / or October Gallery Directorship.
Additional fees will apply, dependent on the nature of your project and requirements.